Blog #19

 I’m going to be honest here, when I first started my training for this marathon I gave myself  about a 70% chance of actually getting to the line.  My plan was pretty simple, train my balls off and hope for the best. I figured there was a 25% chance of injury and 5% chance of me coming to my senses and realizing that the whole idea of training for, and racing a marathon is just plain silly. Folks, I have just spent the last 16weeks working myself stupid. Outside running I have been about about as productive as a limbless dwarf.  And why? What is the reward for this work? The reward is a 26.2mile jaunt through the streets of Houston where I will get to absolutely thrash myself in hopes of making it to the finish line 3 or 4steps before I fall down and die. Running is dumb. But holy hell people, I can’t wait to get out there and roll!
6 days out the taper is in full effect.  The legs are coming around nicely and things are good to go. Hey, wait a minute. Shout out to the Speed River crew who went down to NYC for the NewBalance games! Milne is the man! yeah! So what were we talking about? Oh yeah, Houston.  Well, I was saying that it’s going to be a fun time. I have a solid support crew coming down to the lone star state as well. DST and Moults are headed down as representatives from the river. I can’t wait to see those guys, I love the River. And my moms and pops will continue to be the most supportive parents in the world as they make the trek also. moms and pops are also bringing aunt Jill. Aunt Jill is a badass, she was on the 84′ olympic team for the Heptathalon, she’s dandy. Hopefully after the race we can all go out and eat some mexican food and drink some brews.  You know what the good thing about beer is? You can drink it in celebration, or to get over disappointment. Beer always has a place. For example, when I turned 19yrs old I was pumped that I had survived that long, and to celebrate that fact I drank bunch of beer.  On the other hand, in 2009 at the world championships in Berlin I got throttled in the prelims.  I went and found my moms and pops, I was quite annoyed. Upon looking at me the pops could only say “lets get you a beer.”  So that’s what we did, we went outside and sat on the grass and drank a bunch of beer, and life was good again.
Well sorry for the short post, I really have nothing much more to say. I’ll talk to ya’ll next week, hopefully I have good things to report.

-rob-

24
Jan 2011
AUTHOR rob
CATEGORY

Blog

COMMENTS 19 Comments
24
Jan 2011
AUTHOR rob
CATEGORY

Blog

COMMENTS No Comments

Leave a Reply